A model Quality Assurance system for procurement Agencies. Recommendations for quality assurance systems focusing on prequalification of products and manufacturers, purchasing, storage and distribution of pharmaceutical products
The guide can be used for the following activities:
Prequalification of pharmaceutical products and manufacturers;
Purchase of pharmaceutical products;
Storage of pharmaceutical products; and
Distribution of pharmaceutical products.
- Sub-categories HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Reproductive health, TB
- Commodities Diagnostics, Medicines, Reproductive health products
- Latest update 2007
- Version 1st Edition
- Developed by WHO/OMS
- When to use The guide can be used for the following activities: Prequalification of pharmaceutical products and manufacturers; Purchase of pharmaceutical products; Storage of pharmaceutical products; and Distribution of pharmaceutical products.
- Languages English, French
- Level of use Central
- Form PDF document, 1.3 MB
- Amount of training / TA required None
- Inputs & outputs None
- Cost free
- Advantages Provides guidance on requirements for prequalification of suppliers to ensure quality. The model can be used as a basis for procurement agencies to develop their own internal quality assurance systems based on the activities of the respective procurement agency. In addition to pharmaceutical products the model can be applied to diagnostic kits and medical devices.
- Limitations Requires expertise to implement recommended systems
- Availability English: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s14866e/s14866e.pdf French: http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s17075f/s17075f.pdf
- Remarks For more information, please contact the WHO Department of Essential Medicines and Pharmaceutical Policies.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission date 2011-04-15 13:47:17