Untangling the web of price reductions: a pricing guide for the purchase of ARVs for developing countries
Countries: when negotiating prices with companies. NGOs and civil society groups: for advocacy purposes.
- Sub-categories HIV/AIDS
- Commodities Medicines
- Latest update 2011
- Version 14th edition
- Developed by MSF
- When to use Countries: when negotiating prices with companies. NGOs and civil society groups: for advocacy purposes.
- Languages English
- Level of use Central, District, Facility, Regional
- Form PDF document, 3MB and online
- Amount of training / TA required None
- Inputs & outputs Inputs: none. Outputs: Comparative prices of originator and generic ARVs, conditions of offers for differential pricing from manufacturers to countries, manufacturer contact information.
- Cost Free
- Advantages Free and widely distributed, and simple to use in a table format. Electronic update posted on website when there is a change in information. Individualised graphs for each product allows to see evolution of prices. Provides summaries of access issues as relevant.
- Limitations Does not include detailed information about the quality of the products. Prices are those offered by companies and are not the same at country level due to other add-ons such local taxes, distributor mark-ups etc. Some companies may not market the product in certain countries.
- Availability English version: http://utw.msfaccess.org/downloads/331 Archive: http://utw.msfaccess.org/downloads
- Remarks Contact: Janice Lee (MSF)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission date 2012-06-18 15:58:25