Pediatric ARV Cost Comparator tool
When considering pediatric ARV optimization and the cost difference in drug formulations selected for a preferred regimen – Use ahead of an upcoming quantification exercise or planned procurement order cycle as an optimization costing check.
- Sub-categories HIV/AIDS
- Commodities Medicines
- Latest update 2016-02-24 00:00:00
- Version 1.0
- Developed by CHAI
- When to use When considering pediatric ARV optimization and the cost difference in drug formulations selected for a preferred regimen - Use ahead of an upcoming quantification exercise or planned procurement order cycle as an optimization costing check.
- Languages English
- Level of use Central, Regional
- Amount of training / TA required Minimal - a few minutes to read the instructions, understand the drop down menus and inputs needed and interpret the output graphics
- Inputs & outputs INPUTS: -Pediatric ARV formulation -Unit cost (price per pack in USD) -Quantity of packs to compare across each formulation type (i.e. syrup, tablet, FDC). OUTPUTS: -Total cost (product + shipping) across formulation type - Bar Graph of price per patient year across formulation type
- Cost Free including TA
- Advantages This allows a direct cost comparison and automatic visualization of the price difference across pediatric ARV formulations and regimens - including estimates of shipping cost differences across product types
- Limitations This cost comparator tool does NOT replace a costing from a quantification tool; Shipping cost estimates provided by PFSCM are based on medium-order volumes - so less applicable to products in small demand
- Availability Free to all organizations with ARV program.
- Remarks Screenshots of a filled-in template in ppt are provided to highlight full tool functionality. Please direct any questions to Aude Wilhelm, Procurement Manager, Drug Access Team, Clinton Health Access Initiative
Pediatric ARV Cost Comparator Tool_share.xlsx
- Contact email@example.com
- Submission date 2016-02-29 02:00:00