WHO Model Lists of Essential Medicines – Children
When developing national list of essential medicines for adults; of hospital and PHC list; for prescribers; to be used by drug and therapeutic committees at national and facility level; for procurement and training activities
- Sub-categories HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Reproductive health, TB
- Commodities Medicines
- Latest update 2011
- Developed by WHO/OMS
- When to use When developing national list of essential medicines for adults; of hospital and PHC list; for prescribers; to be used by drug and therapeutic committees at national and facility level; for procurement and training activities
- Languages Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish
- Level of use Central, District, Facility
- Form PDF document.
- Amount of training / TA required none
- Inputs & outputs Inputs: none. Outputs: List of essential medicines related to diseases with public health importance, that meet selection criteria of quality, safety and efficacy, including all medicines related to HIV and AIDS care.
- Cost free
- Advantages On-going procedure to select medicines essential for treating health conditions with public health importance for adults. List is defined based on evidence-based selection criteria.
- Limitations List updated only every 2 years and slight discrepancies between new treatment and the model list can exist.
- Availability English version (3rd edition): http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2011/a95054_eng.pdf Arabic version (1st edition): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/08EMList_Children-ar.doc Chinese version(1st edition): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/08EMList_Children-ch.pdf French version(1st edition): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/08EMList_Children-fr.pdf Russian (1st edition): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/08EMDCN_Children-ru.pdf Spanish (1st edition): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/08EMList_Children-sp.pdf
- Remarks Updated every 2 years
- Contact email@example.com
- Submission date 2012-05-21 13:56:26