WHO Model Lists of Essential Medicines – Adults
When developing national list of essential medicines for adults; of hospital and PHC list; for prescribers; to be used by drug and therapeutic committees at national and facility level; for procurement and training activities
- Sub-categories HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Reproductive health, TB
- Commodities Medicines
- Latest update 2011
- Developed by WHO/OMS
- When to use When developing national list of essential medicines for adults; of hospital and PHC list; for prescribers; to be used by drug and therapeutic committees at national and facility level; for procurement and training activities
- Languages Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish
- Level of use Central, District, Facility, Regional
- Form PDF document, hard copy, Information source document, 378 KB
- Amount of training / TA required None
- Inputs & outputs Inputs: none. Outputs: List of essential medicines related to diseases with public health importance, that meet selection criteria of quality, safety and efficacy, including all medicines related to HIV and AIDS care.
- Cost Free
- Advantages On-going procedure to select medicines essential for treating health conditions with public health importance for adults. List is defined based on evidence-based selection criteria.
- Limitations List updated only every 2 years and slight discrepancies between new treatment and the model list can exist.
- Availability English version (17th version): http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2011/a95053_eng.pdf Arabic version (15th version): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/ArabicEML15.PDF Chinese version (15th version): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/ChineseEML15.pdf French version (15th version): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/08_FRENCH_index_EML15.pdf Russian version(15th version): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/EssMedsList_15th-ru.pdf Spanish version(15th version): http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/08_SPANISH_FINAL_EML15.pdf
- Remarks The English version dates from 2009. Translations will be added shortly. Updated every 2 years
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission date 2012-05-21 13:42:48