When a facility or hospital is in need of a robust system for managing inventory, dispensing, and patient information.
- Sub-categories HIV/AIDS, Immunization, Malaria, Noncommunicable diseases (NCD), Reproductive health, TB
- Commodities Diagnostics, Medicines, Reproductive health products, Supplements
- Latest update 2016
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Developed by MSH
- When to use When a facility or hospital is in need of a robust system for managing inventory, dispensing, and patient information.
- Languages English
- Level of use Central, District, Facility, Regional
- Form Software
- Amount of training / TA required Generally speaking, around fifteen (15) days is needed. This includes time for site assessment and data conversion, training, and go-live support. Discussions with MSH staff are required prior to planning for an implementation and the time requirements may be adjusted based on each site's situation.
- Inputs & outputs Inputs: Patient biographical information, patient dispensing information, inventory information for all medicines/supplies tracked in the tool. Information about all ART and OI regimens dispensed. List of all sites that receive supplies as well as suppliers, funding agency/donor information, down-referral sites (if used). Outputs: Various reports based on the information entered into the tool, including: Administrative (purchase orders, receipts, requisitions), ABC analysis reports, expiring stock, patients by regimen, and ATC reports.
- Cost The software is free. However,if training by MSH is desired, those costs will need to be discussed with MSH.
- Advantages -- Recommends quantities to be ordered based on historical data. -- Has batch/lot and expiry date tracking for the medicines and supplies being dispensed. -- Has a down-referral module to assist with the monitoring and control of stock movement between the institutions and the patients. -- Permits the user to create and store protocols and regimens to facilitate prescribing and dispensing.
- Limitations --Not web based --Has to be integrated into an existing financial package to get complete Health Management Information System experience.
- Availability Source code will be posted in GitHub by the end of 2017
- Remarks Minimum: CPU 3.0 GHz (client) / 3.6 GHz (server), Memory 1 GB of RAM for the client and 4GB for the server for SQL 2005, Hard Disk Space 160 GB available on the client and server, 1TB recommended for high-volume servers, Additional Drive DVD/CD-RW, USB flash drive for backups, Windows XP (for client), Windows Server 2000 / 2003 (server), Network adapter card and cabling if used by multiple users on the same network, wireless network facility required, Windows-compatible printer to print A4 size documents, UPS minimum 500 VA.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission date 2010-07-02 19:22:19