Inventory Management Assessment Tool (IMAT)
At a functioning warehouse that requires a user-friendly instrument designed to collect and calculate indicators of effective inventory management.
- Sub-categories HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Reproductive health, TB
- Commodities Diagnostics, Medicines, Reproductive health products, Supplements
- Latest update 2001
- Version Version 1
- Developed by MSH
- When to use At a functioning warehouse that requires a user-friendly instrument designed to collect and calculate indicators of effective inventory management.
- Languages English, French
- Level of use Central, District, Facility, Regional
- Form MS Excel workbook, 200 KB
- Amount of training / TA required None. If necessary training is available by MSH at a cost.
- Inputs & outputs The IMAT guides the user through a process of collecting data on the physical and theoretical stock balance and the duration of stockouts for a set of up to 25 frequently-used products. It calculates indicators, analyzes the results, and identifies strategies for improving record-keeping and stock management practices.
- Cost Free
- Advantages Useful for calculating a baseline of inventory management and conducting follow-up evaluations in warehouses.
- Limitations The tool is for evaluation, thus does not replace the need for operational monitoring in a warehouse.
- Remarks The IMAT comes as a computerized spreadsheet in Excel and includes instructions, a data collection form, analysis guidelines, recommendations, and a graphical display of the indicator results.
- Contact email@example.com
- Submission date 2010-07-02 19:14:04