Recommendations for pharmacy management and the dispensing of Anti-Retroviral Medicines in Resource-limited settings
This document contains procedures for: logistical and organizational management and the process of dispensing and follow-up of patients. Contains concrete examples and details.
- Sub-categories HIV/AIDS
- Commodities Medicines
- Latest update 2008
- Version Version 1
- Developed by Sidaction
- When to use This document contains procedures for: logistical and organizational management and the process of dispensing and follow-up of patients. Contains concrete examples and details.
- Languages English, French
- Level of use Facility
- Form PDF document a hard copy (training material), 946 Kb
- Amount of training / TA required Five days
- Inputs & outputs Inputs: structured guide that can be used to train health staff. Outputs: Health care workers trained on standard procedures of drugs supply, drugs dispensation for plwha, and pharmaceutical follow-up of people on ART.
- Cost Free
- Advantages Short but comprehensive training containing specific guidelines on ART and OI drug management. Includes very practical examples. Accessible for people who have not been trained as pharmacists. Can be used for self-training or for group training.
- Limitations This is the first version of the document. Some improvements will be required
- Availability English version: http://www.sidaction.org/e_upload/pdf/doc_fip_gb_vih_aids_2008.pdf French version: http://www.sidaction.org/e_upload/pdf/doc_fip_%20fr_vih_sida_2008.pdf
- Remarks A hard copy can be obtained on request. Contact: Julie Langois.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission date 2010-05-11 18:23:56